Penetration Graded Bitumen 10/20 is high-quality asphalt, derived from crude petroleum refining. It is dark in color and possesses waterproofing and adhesive properties. It is substantially non-volatile and softens gradually when heated.
Bitumen 10/20 is commonly used for the production of hot mix asphalt for the base and wearing courses. a thinner pavement design Usage: The main common usage of bitumen 10/20 is being used in the manufacturing of hot mix asphalt for the base and wearing courses. Due to its high level of viscosity, it enables a thinner pavement engineering design and an overall 30 percent reduction in the amount of asphalt being applied.
4. Safe Handling and Storage:
- Use Personal Protective Equipment (PPE’s) when handling (i.e. gloves, eye protectors, etc.
- Maintain safe heating temperatures when using this product
- Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing
- Avoid breathing vapor, spray or mists when applying.
Keep drums in a cool, well-ventilated place.
Penetration graded Bitumen 10/20 is available in 180kg net weight drums, 0.6mm thickness, 95cm height and 45cm diameter (+/- 3kg operational tolerance)